Friday, October 22, 2010

This hole is deeper than I thought

I suppose naivete is nice thing really. When you have little to no idea what's ahead of you there are much less worries (besides the fact that your cockiness is probably unbearable to those around you...but you're so awesome that you are oblivious to their glares). Sometimes the know-all is so clueless that they try things no one else would dare fathom. Of course there's the 90% chance that reality will probably shoot them down in it's good time. At least I think that's my pessimistic view of things.

Being an occasional know-it-all myself, I find it hard sometimes to imagine that there could be something I haven't thought of yet. HAHAHAHAH. Of course my know-it-all self also knows that I can't possibly know it all. So that keeps me in check most of the time. Except today when I was reading other writers' thoughts on writing. It was terribly interesting but it made me see there's lots more work to be done. Apparently one semester on film writing doesn't make you an expert, but apparently 5+ seasons of show writing doesn't either (eh hem....BONES!). Somehow I feel like I've just walked through the woods for hours only to come to a clearing where I can now see the rest of my hike looming over me. I suppose the only upside to my realization that I have only an iota of a clue about writing is that instead of being turned off by the mountain that lay ahead of me I'm sort of energized to see what I can see. I was never good at sprinting anyways. I do much better with pacing myself for the long haul.

No comments: